We'll provide you with everything you need to know about laying sod. Our simple guide will allow you to take on any project on your own property with confidence!
Use our easy to follow instructions to learn how to lay sod for your own property. Our team is ready to guide you can answer all of your installation questions.
1. Please inspect your sod upon delivery. If there is a problem with the sod, contact R & R Sod within 24 hours. Sod is guaranteed to be alive and in good planting condition upon delivery.
2. You should make sure the ground has been properly prepared, leveled, raked and clear of all debris. During periods of high temperatures and dry weather, the ground should be moistened prior to the installation to avoid root damage.
3. Be prepared to install sod immediately upon delivery, as sod is a perishable product and should not be left on the pallet beyond day of delivery.
4. After installation, keep sod moist by watering in sufficient amounts. Over-watering causes as much damage as too little watering. Water early in the morning and continue this practice for at least two weeks after installation.
NOTE: SOD INSTALLED IN SHADY AREAS DOES NOT REQUIRE AS MUCH WATER AS SUNNY AREAS. SHADED AREAS ARE ALSO MORE SUSCEPTIBLE TO FUNGUS AND INSECT PROBLEMS!
5. During periods of high temperatures and humidity, it is suggested that sod is treated with a fungicide and insecticide after installation. Newly installed sod is under great stress and very susceptible to disease.
6. There is no guarantee or warranty expressed or implied for the survivability of sod for conditions beyond our control, such as improper watering, installation and handling, chemical or fertilizer burn, sod left on pallets beyond day of delivery, and acts of God.
7. For proper fertilization applications, it is suggested that you have a soil analysis done by your local county extension office. Soil nutrients and ground condition vary from one location to the next.
8. If lawn maintenance or pest control is not your profession, we suggest that you consult with or hire a professional lawn maintenance service to periodically inspect and treat your lawn.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at 386-547-5777, and we will be happy to send out one of our experts to diagnose problems and recommend treatment.
Call now for your quote!